The Great Canadian Grilled Cheese (Serves 2)
- 4 Slices sourdough bread
- 8 strips of plain bacon
- 75g Crystal Springs Cheddar Cheese Curds
- 4 slices of Crystal Springs Smoked Gouda
- 20 grams of soft butter
- 30g Maple Syrup
- 15g Brown Sugar
- 5g balsamic Vinegar
- 3g or ½ Teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- Pinch of Cayenne pepper
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350*
- In a small bowl, mix together the glaze ingredients
- Brush both sides of each piece of bacon with the glaze (You should use about 75% of the glaze) and place bacon onto a baking tray.
- Bake bacon for 10 minutes, flip and add some more glaze and bake for about 10 more minutes (Or until it reaches your desired crispiness)
- Place 2 slices of buttered bread in a pan with buttered side down. Add smoked gouda, then the maple bacon, and then a layer of cheese curds. Top off with another slice of buttered bread, this time with the butter facing upwards.
- Flatten down the sandwich with your hands.
- Turn on heat (Medium heat is best) and fry each side until golden.
- OPTION: garnish the bread with leftover glaze for some extra flavour.